Bolívar Square has been at the center of the country's history for centuries. It used to be a public circus and bull market, among other things, and a wide variety of cultural and social events are still held here. Buildings such as the Palacio Liévano, the Capitol, and the Cathedral frame this public space, which is decorated with thousands of colorful lights every year for Christmas.
NEARBY ATTRACTIONS AND ACTIVITIES
In Bogotá travelers have access to a range of entertainment that includes around 50 museums, plus fine dining, lively nightlife, and nearby nature reserves.
- A “museum” of curiosities
- Educating Bogotá since 1604
- A legacy of architect Rogelio Salmona
- A performing arts hub
- The city’s founding mythology
- A popular writer’s hangout
- The history of a country
- City Heritage
- The glory days of Colombia’s stars
- A celebration of diversity