The construction of the neo-Gothic church of Saint Nicholas of Tolentino dates from the second decade of the 17th century. The temple, located in the historic center of Barranquilla, dominates St. Nicholas square on the eastern side of Bolívar Walk. This church is one of the symbols of the city and was declared a National Culture Site by the Ministry of Culture in 2005.
NEARBY ATTRACTIONS AND ACTIVITIES
Museums, historic squares, and lots of music await those who come to Barranquilla. Beaches and natural havens for relaxation are also found in and around this Caribbean city.
- Learn about endangered species
- Urban city icon
- Football Glory
- A popular seaside destination
- A popular riverside stroll
- Colombia’s national football team stadium
- Promoting the Colombian Caribbean
- Where the river meets the sea
- Story of a hero
- Go for a swim in the mud