From Barranquilla you can visit the Salamanca Island Nature Reserve in the jurisdiction of the towns of Pueblo Viejo and Sitio Nuevo (Magdalena). Bird watching is very popular in this reserve, where 199 species of birds have been recorded. This group of small islands includes almost 140,000 acres of mangrove forests and freshwater ecosystem vegetation.
NEARBY ATTRACTIONS AND ACTIVITIES
Museums, historic squares, and lots of music await those who come to Barranquilla. Beaches and natural havens for relaxation are also found in and around this Caribbean city.
- Learn about endangered species
- Urban city icon
- Football Glory
- A popular seaside destination
- A popular riverside stroll
- A jewel in the historic center
- Colombia’s national football team stadium
- Promoting the Colombian Caribbean
- Where the river meets the sea
- Story of a hero