Traces of one of the great poets of the country can be seen in the town of Usiacurí, where travelers can visit the Julio Flórez House Museum. This artist, regarded as the most popular poet of Colombia, was born in Chiquinquirá (Boyacá) on May 22, 1867 and died in this house on February 7, 1923. Artisans sell products made from the Iraca palm nearby.
NEARBY ATTRACTIONS AND ACTIVITIES
Museums, historic squares, and lots of music await those who come to Barranquilla. Beaches and natural havens for relaxation are also found in and around this Caribbean city.
- Learn about endangered species
- Urban city icon
- Football Glory
- A popular seaside destination
- A popular riverside stroll
- A jewel in the historic center
- Colombia’s national football team stadium
- Promoting the Colombian Caribbean
- Where the river meets the sea
- Go for a swim in the mud