Wide avenues, gardens and mansions that reflect styles brought by German immigrants, Italians, Syrians, Jews and Lebanese, are characteristic of El Prado Neighbourhood, one of whose emblems is the Republican style Hotel El Prado. The streets of the neighbourhood, designed in the 1920's by brothers Karl and Robert Parrish, are adorned with oaks and golden willows, among other trees.
NEARBY ATTRACTIONS AND ACTIVITIES
Museums, historic squares and lots of music await those who come to Barranquilla. In this Caribbean city and its surroundings there are also beaches and natural places to rest.
- Learn about endangered species
- Football Glory
- A popular seaside destination
- A popular riverside stroll
- A jewel in the historic center
- Colombia’s national football team stadium
- Promoting the Colombian Caribbean
- Where the river meets the sea
- Story of a hero
- Go for a swim in the mud