In The Cave, a bar founded in 1954, intellectuals like Alejandro Obregón, Gabriel García Márquez, and Álvaro Cepeda Samudio would often meet. The bar, a Cultural Monument of the city, also serves food and exhibits photographs and objects that allude to the distinguished coterie that gathered here. The Cave also offers permanent cultural activities.
NEARBY ATTRACTIONS AND ACTIVITIES
Museums, historic squares, and lots of music await those who come to Barranquilla. Beaches and natural havens for relaxation are also found in and around this Caribbean city.
- Learn about endangered species
- Urban city icon
- Football Glory
- A popular seaside destination
- A popular riverside stroll
- A jewel in the historic center
- Colombia’s national football team stadium
- Promoting the Colombian Caribbean
- Where the river meets the sea
- Story of a hero