With around 500 animals of 140 species, the Barranquilla Botanical and Zoological Foundation is a place where families come to learn about the lives of endangered animals such as the manatee, the spectacled bear, and the otter. Here you can also learn about the world of reptiles and amphibians, and see representative animals from Africa and Asia.
NEARBY ATTRACTIONS AND ACTIVITIES
Museums, historic squares, and lots of music await those who come to Barranquilla. Beaches and natural havens for relaxation are also found in and around this Caribbean city.
- Urban city icon
- Football Glory
- A popular seaside destination
- A popular riverside stroll
- A jewel in the historic center
- Colombia’s national football team stadium
- Promoting the Colombian Caribbean
- Where the river meets the sea
- Story of a hero
- Go for a swim in the mud