The Metropolitan Basilica of Santa Fe de Antioquia, built between 1797 and 1837, is known for its 154-foot-tall tower. During a recent renovation of this Spanish Renaissance-style temple, original coloring and gold leaf was found under layers of white paint. Religious shields were also discovered hidden in the altars.
NEARBY ATTRACTIONS AND ACTIVITIES
In Santa Fe de Antioquia, tourists can cross the Western Bridge hanging over the Cauca River, wander along cobblestone streets, and taste the popular tamarind candy.
- The heart of Santa Fe
- More than a century over the Cauca
- A different view of the bridge
- Joy in Santa Fe
- Expressions of faith in Antioquia
- Honoring the seventh art
- Where culture and nature come together
- Devotion in the park
- An impressive collection of historical artifacts
- The “Grandmother of churches”