The deep Catholic tradition of Antioquia is reflected in its Holy Week celebrations. Thousands of people visit Santa Fe de Antioquia every year to watch the processions, in which religious figures depicted by the Quito school are loaded on the shoulders of the faithful. Church concerts are also held during Holy Week.
NEARBY ATTRACTIONS AND ACTIVITIES
In Santa Fe de Antioquia, tourists can cross the Western Bridge hanging over the Cauca River, wander along cobblestone streets, and taste the popular tamarind candy.
- The heart of Santa Fe
- Secrets hidden in plain sight
- More than a century over the Cauca
- A different view of the bridge
- Joy in Santa Fe
- Honoring the seventh art
- Where culture and nature come together
- Devotion in the park
- An impressive collection of historical artifacts
- The “Grandmother of churches”