Because the Nevado del Ruiz is an active volcano, it causes the water at Iron Mine (two miles above sea level) flow at 145°F. From this location, it is channeled to the Tierra Viva Hot Springs at 0.12 miles above sea level, where travelers relax in thermal pools with temperatures between 95°F and 106°F. Massages, restaurants, and accommodations are also available to visitors.
NEARBY ATTRACTIONS AND ACTIVITIES
On the itinerary in Manizales: visiting the Cathedral and climbing up to the dome to see views of the city, bird watching, and relaxing in the hot springs nearby.
- In the heart of Manizales
- A Republican-era treasure
- An icon of Manizales
- Relax near Manizales
- Relax in a scenic landscape
- A pleasant day trip for manizaleños
- A Spanish-style party
- Pride of Manizales
- Manizales’ main place of worship
- An observation point at the top of the Cathedral