The Governor's Palace is a legacy of the fire that destroyed much of the center of Manizales in 1925. It was built to replace the old building, which was consumed by the flames. It is one of the most authentic Republican-era icons in the city. The decorative plant and animal motifs were made in malleable materials such as cement and plaster.
NEARBY ATTRACTIONS AND ACTIVITIES
On the itinerary in Manizales: visiting the Cathedral and climbing up to the dome to see views of the city, bird watching, and relaxing in the hot springs nearby.
- In the heart of Manizales
- An icon of Manizales
- Relax near Manizales
- Relax in a scenic landscape
- A pleasant day trip for manizaleños
- Health and relaxation
- A Spanish-style party
- Pride of Manizales
- Manizales’ main place of worship
- An observation point at the top of the Cathedral