The Virgilio Barco Library is housed in a circular brick structure surrounded by multiple bodies of water. It was designed by architect Rogelio Salmona, who was born in Paris in 1929 but was always considered to be Colombian. The building houses, among other things, a collection of 150,000 volumes, reference and specialty rooms, and an auditorium with a capacity for 350 people.
NEARBY ATTRACTIONS AND ACTIVITIES
In Bogotá travelers have access to a range of entertainment that includes around 50 museums, plus fine dining, lively nightlife, and nearby nature reserves.
- A “museum” of curiosities
- Educating Bogotá since 1604
- A performing arts hub
- The city’s founding mythology
- A popular writer’s hangout
- The history of a country
- City Heritage
- The glory days of Colombia’s stars
- A celebration of diversity
- Religious art in a historical church