Eight permanent galleries and one temporary gallery form the Regional Costumes Museum, where visitors can appreciate the way historical and cultural phenomena, such as the colonial regime and Colombia’s ethnic mix, are explained through clothing. Here, peasant clothing worn in Colombia until 1950, and various collections of traditional indigenous arts are on display.
Hours: L-V 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 PM. S - 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM Sundays and holidays closed to the public.
Contribution: Adults: $ 3,000 Students up to 10 years $ 1,000 under 10 and senior citizens Free admission
NEARBY ATTRACTIONS AND ACTIVITIES
In Bogotá travelers have access to a range of entertainment that includes around 50 museums, plus fine dining, lively nightlife, and nearby nature reserves.
- A “museum” of curiosities
- Educating Bogotá since 1604
- A legacy of architect Rogelio Salmona
- A performing arts hub
- The city’s founding mythology
- A popular writer’s hangout
- The history of a country
- City Heritage
- The glory days of Colombia’s stars
- A celebration of diversity