One of the most important cultural venues in the city is the Jorge Eliécer Gaitán Municipal Theater, which hosts major events such as the Iberoamerican Theatre Festival of Bogotá, the International Jazz Festival, and the Festival of Contemporary Dance. This venue, founded on February 15, 1890, also offers concerts of all genres, as well as full seasons of opera and zarzuela.
NEARBY ATTRACTIONS AND ACTIVITIES
In Bogotá travelers have access to a range of entertainment that includes around 50 museums, plus fine dining, lively nightlife, and nearby nature reserves.
- A “museum” of curiosities
- Educating Bogotá since 1604
- A legacy of architect Rogelio Salmona
- The city’s founding mythology
- A popular writer’s hangout
- The history of a country
- City Heritage
- The glory days of Colombia’s stars
- A celebration of diversity
- Religious art in a historical church