The Church of Our Lady of the Waters draws the attention of visitors touring the Environmental Hub in downtown Bogotá. This colonial church was erected in 1644 and is composed of a rectangular nave and a side chapel dedicated to San Antonio. Highlights include an image of the Virgin of the Waters and the altarpiece, which features images in ivory, gold and crimson.
NEARBY ATTRACTIONS AND ACTIVITIES
In Bogotá travelers have access to a range of entertainment that includes around 50 museums, plus fine dining, lively nightlife, and nearby nature reserves.
- A “museum” of curiosities
- Educating Bogotá since 1604
- A legacy of architect Rogelio Salmona
- A performing arts hub
- The city’s founding mythology
- A popular writer’s hangout
- The history of a country
- City Heritage
- The glory days of Colombia’s stars
- A celebration of diversity