A symbol of the locality of Chapinero is the Church of Our Lady of Lourdes, whose architecture represents the Gothic Revival style in Colombia. The temple, built in 1875, was modified in 1917 and is known for its polychrome stained glass windows of German origin. Its medievalist inspiration stands out from the classic architecture of other government and religious buildings.
NEARBY ATTRACTIONS AND ACTIVITIES
In Bogotá travelers have access to a range of entertainment that includes around 50 museums, plus fine dining, lively nightlife, and nearby nature reserves.
- A “museum” of curiosities
- Educating Bogotá since 1604
- A legacy of architect Rogelio Salmona
- A performing arts hub
- The city’s founding mythology
- A popular writer’s hangout
- The history of a country
- City Heritage
- The glory days of Colombia’s stars
- A celebration of diversity