Tours around Medellín
Sculptures by Fernando Botero at the center of Medellín. /Photo. Flickr user laloking97/./
Discover the wonders around Medellín, the city of eternal spring:
- North Zone
- The wealth of works by Colombian master Fernando Botero; the plaza with its famous bronze statues; the Carabobo Shopping Arcade; the Basilica of Nuestra Señora de La Candelaria; the Vásquez and Carré buildings; the Veracruz Church; the Rafael Uribe Uribe Palace of Culture; the fantastic Botanical Garden with its famous Orquideorama; the modern Explora Park and the Park of Desires. This last park gives travelers the opportunity to learn about astronomy and its impact on water, energy and communications through recreational activities.
- Administrative and business zone
- Certain locations in this area have played key roles in Medellín's notable urban transformation over the last few years. These include the Empresas Públicas de Medellín smart building; the Parque de los Pies Descalsos (Park of Bare Feet); the EPM Interactive Museum; the Plaza Mayor Convention and Exhibition Center; the Metropolitan Theater of Medellín; the old train depot and the Plaza de la Luz (Light Plaza).
- Historic downtown
- This area offers an interesting tour past the Metropolitan Basilica Cathedral; the Coltejer building, an icon of the city's textile industry; the San José Church; the San Ignacio building and the city's main plaza, Berrío Park.
- Shopping in Medellín
- Find out why Medellín is Colombia's prime city for textiles and clothing.Touring eastern Antioquia
- The traditional route of paisa mule drivers, along which lie some of the region's most impressive stops.
- Touring southeastern Antioquia
- On this route, you can visit coffee plantations and sample the rich cuisine of the Department of Antioquia.
- Touring western Antioquia
- This route takes travelers by the department's former capital, Santa Fe de Antioquia, the colonial flavor of which is preserved in its Spanish-style cobblestone streets.