Medellín General Data
- Departament: Antioquia
- Population: 3,750,000, including the metropolitan area
- Climate: Temperature ranges between 18° and 28° C (64° F and 82.4° F)
- Altitude: 1,475 meters above sea level
- Main economic activities: industry, textiles, trade, and services
- Area: 382 km²
- Dialing code: + 57 (4)
- Currency exchange Banking hours: 8:00 am to 12:30 pm and 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm - Foreign exchange bureaus: 8:00 am to 7:00 pm
- Medical Services: Emergency number: 123
Medellín, the capital of the Department of Antioquia, is a vibrant city that revolves in great measure around its museums, theaters, art galleries, and its Botanical Garden, one of the most complete in the country. In the evenings, festiveness is shared, amid couplets and tangos, and accompanied by aguardiente (sugar cane spirits). The surroundings are ideal for relaxation. Favorite activities are visiting picturesque villages surrounded by lovely scenery, traditional haciendas that preserve the region’s architecture, and roadside stops that offer the best cuisine in Antioquia.
- Medellín Tourism Office
Address: Calle 57 N° 45-12
Phone: + 57 (4) 254-0800
Experience a city of flowers and culture ...