You should follow the suggestions made for the Nevado Nature Park, and the advice of guides who take you up the mountain.
- Those with cardiac or respiratory problems should not attempt the trip
- Children under six, adults over 65 and pregnant women should not try to visit this park.
- Alcoholic drinks and cigarettes may not be consumed during a visit to the Park
- You are not allowed to leave waste-matter in the park, or extract any kind of plant, animal or geological material
- Bbuses, motorcycles and pets are not allowed in the park.
- For five days before you visit the park, it would be advisable to eat peanuts, Granola, and a good portion of carbohydrates (guava paste, or chocolate), and fruit such as pears and bananas, and a good deal of water.
- Have a good night's sleep before starting out.
- Hydrate yourself constantly
- Take fruit and a bar of chocolate, preferably with peanuts.
- Take clothing suitable for a cold climates (jacket, gloves, scarf, caps, etc). It is not a good idea to wear jeans, a tracksuit would be better, preferably waterproof, with a lycra lining.
- Put on extra layers of clothing as you climb
- You should pause at several points on the way, to adapt to different altitudes
- Walk slowly
- Put on sunblocker every two hours
- Use UV protective glasses
- Wear comfortable, waterproof shoes
- Open the side windows of the vehicle on the way up
- Follow the recommendations made by the guides and Nature Park personnel.
- Invite a friend to live this unforgettable experience !