Friday, 15 May 2009 00:00
Rural tourism in Café Triangle
The 1st Expo Tourism and Business Fair, which will take place in Dosquebradas, in the Coffee Region, becomes an excellent showcase for the trade promotion and dissemination of the rural tourism product that is one of the greatest strengths of Dosquebradas.
The fair will make known the favorable prices offered by the tourist chain; the rural and urban lodging capacity, above 400 beds; and the ample and varied national and international cuisine offered by more than 15 restaurants that can take more than 800 people.
All of this proves that Dosquebradas has great possibilities for tourism projection in the region and the nation, stated the Mayoress of the Municipality, Luz Ensueño Betancur Botero.
Rural tourism in Coffee Region
1st Expo Tourism and Business Fair in Dosquebradas, Café Triangle
The objective of this first Expo Tourism and Business Fair in Dosquebradas is to create and institutionalize an event through which to promote and foster tourism in a way that values, recognizes, and potentiates interesting sites and natural and cultural attractions offered in the context of a historical heritage and based on the development of rural tourism.
The Fair’s offer will include the following attractions:
- Nature, adventure, environmental, ecological, scenic, and fauna and flora appreciation practices at: La Marcada (Alto del Toro) Regional Natural Park, Alto del Nudo (Serranía) Regional Natural Park, Alto de la Cruz, Alto del Oso, Alto del Chuzo, Valle de los Venados, Alto del Madrazo, La Cristalina – San José Ecological Corridor, and Camino Verde Ecological Trail.
- Practices of rural tourism, agrotourism, trails, sports fishing, apppreciation of rural traditions and customs at the following rural settlements: El Chaquito, Aguazul, La Rivera, La Argentina, Filobonito, La Unión, Santana, Nueva Independencia, La Palma, La Fría, and La Esperanza.
- Birdwatching (carraquí birds, motmots, emerald toucans, astillero guans, imperial blackbirds) at the Alto del Nudo (Serranía) and La Marcada (Alto del Toro) Regional Natural Parks.
- Cultural heritage tourism: commercial (handicrafts), artistic (dance and music), gastronomic (typical dishes), the Piedras Marcadas petroglyphs, and the civil and religious architectural historical heritage sites.
- Hikes, walks, agrotourism, ecological and scenic outings at Alto del Nudo, Alto del Chaquiro, Alto de La Elvira, Alto del Chuzo, Alto de La Cruz, observation points, the antennaes of Minas del Socorro, Vía Santa Ana – Las Hortensias, Santa Ana Alta rural settlement, upper part of La Unión rural settlement, (Boquerón – Alto de Vásquez stretch of road), Palo Santo Trail , the Gutiérrez and Tomineja brooks in the rural settlements of Santa Ana Alta, and the waterfalls at the Cueva del Diablo rural settlement and at Mina del Socorro.