Explore Colombia with One-of-a-Kind Expeditions and New Travel Routes
Colombia has become a favorite tourist destination. With over 1.8 million tourists arriving in the country in 2013, Colombia is still in a good position to welcome new visitors.
Tourists can explore the best destinations in Colombia with tour packages offered in the Caribbean. Some of the wholesalers who offer vacation packages are:
From the Dominican Republic:
- For lovers of religious tourism, Expert Travelers offers a package tour to Bogota, a city full of culture and religious history that will captivate its visitors. Any time of year is ideal to go into the architecture and history of some of the most famous churches in the city and its regional environment. The package is available from 17 to 21 July.
- Expert Travellers also offers trips to Medellin, the city of eternal spring, from August 8 to 11 to experience the magic of the renowned Festival of Flowers. With a tour of the city, tourists can enjoy the colorful streets covered in flowers, the other activities taking place in the city during the fair and warmth offered by the people of Medellin.
From Puerto Rico:
- Visiting Bogota and Medellin, two of the major cities of Colombia, is an unforgettable experience. Ecotours offers an eight-day trip to enjoy both destinations. In Bogota, travelers will live the unique experience of exploring the only cathedral made of salt, in the heart of a mountain, and visit Monserrate to contemplate the best panoramic view of Bogota. In Medellin, tourists can enjoy a complete tour of the city of eternal spring.
- It is clear that Colombia is culture and nature, reason why E-Vacations has created a package that includes a visit to the unique natural landscapes of Bogota, Pereira, Cocora Valley and Salento. In addition, tourists will have the opportunity to travel on Jeep Willys, to the typical coffee village of Filandia and visit the hot springs in the area. Available until December 5, 2014.
With more than 880 direct flights from 20 different airlines, Colombia receives thousands of international tourists weekly. This number is only growing now that new routes and even more flight frequencies from the United States and the Caribbean will begin operations to the South American country this year.
Due to the proximity of the Caribbean with Colombia, tourists of the region are beginning to take interest in this newly-discovered hot-spot destination. In 2013, more than 35,000 tourists visited the country, according to Migration Colombia and PROCOLOMBIA. As more travelers discover Colombia as an interesting destination to visit, airlines are working rapidly to offer new routes and more flights to Colombia. The latest routes are:
- Copa Airlines, with direct flights from Punta Cana to Bogota, which began in April 2014 and operates four times a week.
- Insel Air, Curaçao, began its new route on 20 June 2014. Willemstad-Barranquilla The route will operate two weekly flights.
- Avianca, a Colombian airline, will begin its fourth frequency on the direct route from San Juan to Bogota on July 21, 2014.