Monday, 05 October 2009 00:00
Colombia’s Official Tourism Portal www.colombia.travel is among the three nominees to the country’s major Internet award - Colombia On Line 2009 - organized by the Ministry of Communications, the daily El Tiempo, and the Colombian Chamber of Information Technology and Communications (CCIT, by its Spanish acronym).
Colombia On Line 2009 Awards
The contest encompassed 14 categories:
- Online City Hall
- Large Companies
- Information Sites
- Comcel Mobile phone development
- Small Enterprises
- Colombia 10 Years Online – Special Award
- Information Services
Colombia Travel was nominated in the Government category.
The 2009 version of Colombia Online evaluated the following aspects:
- Allowing users to share their experiences by means of various web tools, such as mailing lists, bulletin boards, chat sites, or space that publishes information for the purpose of connecting people directly.
- Process of communication between Internet navigators and the tool, access to search engines, Internet chat rooms, polls, games, e-commerce, mailing lists, etc.
- User services
- Easy, quick, and safe Internet access to the products and services offered by the website.
- Attractive, relevant, and appropriate information for the visiting public. Content should be clear, concise, informative, useful, and especially designed for the Internet. It should elicit the desire to revisit the website.
- Structure and navigation
- Organization of the information on the site.
- Graphic design
- Graphic aspects of the site.
- Use of technology (fast download, active links, etc.).
Colombia On Line 2009 Award Nominees
The nominees to the Colombia Online Awards 2009 are the following:
The ceremony will be held at El Nogal Club in Bogotá on Wednesday, October 14, 2009.
Colombian Chamber of Information Technology and Communications
The Colombian Chamber of Information Technology and Communications (CCIT, by its Spanish acronym) - is an organization that groups the most important companies in the sector and has been giving the Premio Internet Colombia (Colombia Internet Award) since 1999.
The organization’s main purposes are to foster and promote Colombian content on the world information network, the use of Spanish in its sites, creativity, national talent, and the effort of Colombian companies devoted to creating and developing websites.